Fundraising & Marketing Co-ordinator
Reporting to: The Chief Officer
Location: The Old Town Hall, Epsom, Surrey
Age Concern Epsom & Ewell is a small local charity doing ‘big’ work focusing on empowering older people to live the most fulfilling lives they can. We provide confidential Information & Advice (incl. home visits), Toe Nail Clinic, Medical Transport Scheme, Befriending and Community Companions, a Men’s club, DIY help, Hearing Aid Clinics, IT Support and essential social events.
The role holder’s main responsibilities are to support and develop the Age Concern Epsom & Ewell Fundraising Strategy. Acting as the main contact for all fundraising enquiries and sources such as events, individual donors and organisations. In conjunction with the Chief Officer, to ensure the annual fundraising budget is met and to ensure the continued growth of fundraising income.
Core Responsibilities and Duties
• Develop and administer individual giving schemes including lottery club and regular donors and promote to increase revenue.
• Research corporate opportunities amongst the local community, develop partnerships and maintain.
• Develop Business Supporters Scheme.
• Promote Will Writing and Gifts in Wills.
• Source and implement any other suitable income generating initiatives.
• Develop and co-ordinate a programme of fundraising events.
• Develop and co-ordinate a programme of sponsored events.
• Organise, participate and network for maximum awareness and exposure at local outreach events.
• Be the first point of contact for all fundraising enquiries.
• Maintain a stewarding procedure for all donors and send appropriate correspondence and maximise the use of social media.
• Marketing, with suitable material, income generation initiatives and events via flyers, advertising, the website and social media resources.
• Maintain and update all social media channels.
• Utilise Charitylog and Mailchimp for information communication.
• Create and coordinate the supporters’ database on Charitylog.
• Maintain accurate financial records of all fundraising income.
• Manage the fundraising budget.
• Report to Chief Officer quarterly highlighting services achievements.
• To be a supportive team member by assisting in other areas when required.
• Team player who enjoys working in a busy team environment and able to work on own initiative.
• Empathy with and an interest in older people.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrate confidence in an appropriate manner.
• Comfortable networking in different environments.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Fundraising experience in events, regular giving and corporate sector.
• Experience of organising and managing events.
• Excellent IT skills, particularly Word, Excel and Data Bases.
• Report writing.
• Ability to manage a budget and keep financial records.
• Experience of social media.
• Experience of working with volunteers.
• Ability to deliver presentations in a confident and positive way.
Salary: TBC Hours: 20 Per Week