Hours – 25 hours per week.
Salary – £21,000 pro rata
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Home Visitor to provide impartial and confidential information and advice to older members of our community here at Age Concern Epsom & Ewell.
Working as part of a team we are looking for a person with empathy for the older generation and an understanding of the problems today’s society brings them.
A friendly, cheerful, positive personality who is able to provide high level support to our client group mainly in their own homes but also via telephone and e mail.
The position is based at The Old Town Hall in Epsom.
- Listen, evaluate and give impartial advice and guidance
- Provide information on a range of topics- face to face, by phone or e mail
- Assess the client’s circumstances, consider options and identify the best possible course of action
- Assist with form filling e.g. Attendance Allowance, Pension Credit, Council Tax Benefit
- Support clients who have been referred from outside agencies
- Refer clients to other services and sources of help where appropriate, for example to housing and
- Be organised and able to work to a schedule of appointments
- Maintain confidential case records and administrative systems
- Empathy with older people
- A friendly, outgoing personality with good communicating skills
- Knowledge of the Welfare Benefits system would be beneficial, but training can be given
- Ability to use IT and database systems
- A car driver with valid driving licence
How To Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please outline why you are applying for this position and why you
feel you are suitable. Please also attach your CV and send to:
Or if you wish to discuss the role ring: 01372 732 456
(Monday to Friday: 9.30am-1pm)
Wed 11th July 2018
18th & 19th July 2018