Our DIY Service
Our DIY service is available to people over the age of 60, living in the borough of Epsom & Ewell who have no one else to help with small DIY or gardening tasks.
The work is done by volunteers and it is important to consider the following points:
- Our employers personal accident insurance covers the volunteers to do ‘low key maintenance work’
- No electrical, plumbing work or use of heat producing equipment such as a blow torch
- The volunteers can use either your tools or they may provide their own. They will check the safety of any equipment before use.
- They may only use a stepladder that takes their head height from the ground to no more than 3 metres (10ft)
- They are unable to do any jobs that require safety clothing or protection
All labour is free of charge. Any materials required to carry out the work must be paid for by the client. We do ask for a donation of £7 per visit which contributes towards our administrative costs.